Ask Me Anything ALS – Feeding Tubes/Nutrition (click this link to register)
As ALS progresses, eating and drinking can become difficult, which can often lead to discussions about feeding tubes. The decision to get a feeding tube is a personal one. There are advantages and disadvantages that must be taken into account when considering a feeding tube. It can be helpful to hear from those who have been through this process. Like with all decisions, it’s incredibly important to consider your personal values when navigating the healthcare system.
On January 31st at 6pm ET, join the I AM ALS community and Sarah Luppino, MSN, NP-BC, Mass General Hospital Healey Center for ALS for a conversation on feeding tubes and nutrition to learn more about how and why they decided to get a feeding tube, the advantages and disadvantages, how they maintain their feeding tube and more.
Panelists will include:
- Sandra Marlowe, living with ALS
- Sarah Luppino, MSN, NP-BC, Mass General Hospital Healey Center for ALS
- Justin Upchurch, living with ALS
- Gill and Edgma Garcia, living with ALS and spouse/caregiver to Gill
- Julie Suarez, living with ALS